A unique dip with moderate heat and strong black pepper flavor.
A simple but unique dip, with loads of flavor and heat, for shrimp, crab or lobster. This was inspired by a Cajun Barbequed Shrimp recipe found in a Noteworthy Cookbook from Chicago. That recipe has to be served hot, so it's not always appropriate when you want to take something to a party. By substituting mayo for butter, the recipe takes on a whole new appeal as a dip that can be served cold.
TOTAL TIME: 10 min
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 0 min
YIELD: Enough for 20-30 shrimp
Combine all ingredients. Whisk until smooth. Serve chilled with shrimp, crab, or lobster.
- 1 cup mayonnaise (regular or light)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup red hot sauce (Louisiana or other)
- 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt (or slightly less table salt)